American Hydro has earned a reputation within the hydro industry for providing quality site services for our customers’ hydro needs. Our experienced Field Service Representatives work closely with our Engineering and Project management teams, ensuring that our customers’ projects are being carried out in the highest industry standards.
They work diligently to develop and execute a tailored plan and schedule that covers all aspects of each outage from pre-disassembly to commissioning, including site machining of embedded components, to ensuring critical alignments and tolerance are achieved. American Hydro’s fleet of field machining equipment reduces project costs and outage times. Our field service teams are fully trained to secure complete success for each project and does so in accordance with the most critical health, safety and environmental requirements in the hydroelectric industry.
American Hydro’s Field Service Representatives have decades of experience working on all types of hydro equipment. This experience is backed by our team of engineers in our main manufacturing facility in York, PA, which supports our customers through every phase of the project. From mobilization to commissioning, our hydro team is ready to support your needs.
American Hydro Site Services offered, but not limited to, are the following:
- Site surveys of existing plants
- Complete disassembly and reassembly of hydro turbines, generators and ancillary equipment
- In-place machining of all embedded components
- Turning, milling, grinding on-site with our extensive fleet of portable precision machine tools
- High Precision 3-D Laser Measurement Laser Tracker surveys and completes unit alignment of stationary parts
- Refurbishment or replacement of discharge rings
- Stay ring and guide vane modifications or replacements
- Stator realignments
- Installation of oil lube and cooling systems
- Governor replacements
- Cavitation repairs
- Performance testing